Skip to main content

I Thought I Was Going to Die ~ FREED BAYELSA STATE COMMISSIONER

The Bayelsa State Commissioner for Industry, Trade and Investment, Federal Otokito, who was released by his kidnappers on Monday, said he never thought of seeing his kids again after he was released by his abductors on Monday.

Narrating his ordeal, he said he was thought he was going to die in the hands of his assailants and expressing his appreciation to the Bayelsa State Governor Douye Diri, his deputy, Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo, and security agencies for rescuing him alive.

Otokito was freed five days after he was kidnapped by purported crude oil theives on the 20th of January 2022 at his residence in Otuokpoti, Ogbia Local Government Area of the state.

The State Commissioner of Police, Police, Ben Okolo, and the State Director of State Security Services, Mohammed Abdullahi, presented Otokito to the State Governor, Diri on Monday evening at the Government House, Yenagoa.

The State Commissioner of Industry Trade and Investment sustained various degrees of injuries with swollen black eyes, bandage on his right arm and on his back.

 “Your Excellency, I want to sincerely thank you and the deputy governor and the entire (rescue) team for intervening in my matter.


“If not for your prompt intervention, the pressure the government put on them (kidnappers), I could have been a dead man. I am very grateful to you, the Deputy Governor, security agents and whoever joined hands to bring me back to life.


“I was almost a dead man. I thought I would never even come back to see my children. So, I am grateful, your excellency. I said let me thank you and the team.” Otokito said.






Comments